This recipe gift wraps garlic inside a slice of bacon — a present most anyone would enjoy. The result is a subtle garlic flavor that is still pungent but doesn’t kick you in the teeth.
There are a lot of ways to enjoy this garlic:
- You can add it to some butter and make a roasted garlic butter.
- Smear it on sandwiches.
- Use it in a sauce or vinaigrette.
- My favorite: Serve it simply with some of Grandma’s Buttermilk Biscuits.
If you’re a fireplace owner, you could do this overnight. When the fire has died down, tuck these aluminum foil packages next to the coals. You’ll wake up to wonderful roasted garlic to spread on your bagels.
Bacon-Wrapped Roasted Garlic
- bunch of garlic
- slice of peppered bacon
- pinch salt and pepper
- drizzle of olive oil
- Slice off the top third of the bunch of garlic revealing the tops of the cloves.
- On a sheet of foil, place the garlic bunch in the middle of a slice of bacon. Season with salt and pepper and a drizzle olive oil. Wrap the bacon around the garlic and cover with foil.
- In a 325-degree oven, roast the bacon-garlic package for 45 minutes or until very soft and light brown. When fully roasted, you should be able to easily squeeze the garlic out of its shell.