Here’s an impossibly easy new recipe to pucker up mouths at your holiday table!
Inspired by a non-vegan dish served at one of my favorite neighborhood restaurants, Saraghina, these Brussels sprouts are spicy as all get out, sweet and salty with just the perfect amount of caramelized crispness. It takes just about 20 minutes and is the perfect addition to any meal.
Spicy Habanero And Maple Brussels Spouts
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2-1 habanero pepper (minced finely, adjust to your spice tolerance)
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (trimmed and cut in half length-wise)
- 2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the coconut oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the hot pepper and stir.
- A minute or two later, add the brussels sprouts and saute, stirring often, until they begin to brown.
- Season with salt and drizzle with maple syrup and continue heating until you reach desired carmelization.
- Taste for sweetness/spice and adjust accordingly. Serve hot!