A gift annuity is one of the easiest and simplest ways to support the station. In addition, it provides you with a partially tax-free income stream for life and an immediate tax deduction.
* rates are subject to change and are not available in all states.
A gift annuity can be established with a gift of $10,000 or more. In exchange for your gift, WTIU and the IU Foundation guarantee you (and possibly a loved one) a fixed income payment for life. You may use cash or appreciated stock to fund a gift annuity. Your age determines the annuity rate.
With a deferred gift annuity, because the payments do not begin until a specified future date that you choose, you receive even higher life income payments than those listed in the rate table and a higher immediate income tax deduction.
Gift annuities can be established using cash or appreciated securities held for longer than one year. When cash is used, more of your income is tax-free.
- Generous, partially tax-free income for life
- An immediate income tax deduction
- Reduced capital gain taxes if appreciated securities are used to establish the annuity
- Membership in our Limestone Legacy Society
- The satisfaction of making a significant contribution to the future of public broadcasting