Here’s how it works
When you make an endowed gift, the principal remains untouched and the interest from your gift will supplement our programs in perpetuity, yielding greater returns over time. You can fund an endowed account with cash, securities or a gift in your will. Create your own fund, or contribute to an existing fund!
Make a gift to an existing WTIU Fund
WTIU has three existing funds that you can help us grow:
- New!! The Children’s Program Fund supports educational outreach and programming for children on WTIU.
- The News and Programming Fund supports national and local news on WTIU and WFIU.
- The William Kroll Equipment Fund supports equipment/technology needs at WTIU and WFIU.
- The Al Cobine Recognition Endowment Fund supports jazz initiatives on WFIU and WTIU.
Gifts to the WTIU Operations Fund
Interest from these gifts goes to support the daily operations of WTIU. You can make a direct cash gift now or direct a bequest in your will towards general unrestricted station support.
Open and name your own Endowed Fund at WTIU:
For a gift of $25,000 (or a pledge that can be spread over several years), you can create your own family legacy to support a favorite program area. Some program areas awaiting funding are:
- WTIU Indiana Documentary Fund
- Arts, Performance, and Culture Fund
- Science, Environment, and Nature Fund
* Endowment funds for WTIU are managed by professional investors at the Indiana University Foundation.