A media sponsorship is a partnership between WFIU and an organization, usually non-profit, in which mutually beneficial services are exchanged. WFIU participates in media sponsorships as part of our mission to serve our viewers and community.
Media Sponsorship Guidelines & Criteria
- Events or programs should have appeal and value to WFIU’s audience and/or provide some service or benefit to the community, viewers and/or members.
- Events or programs should be relative to the geographic region served by WFIU’s stations.
- Priority will be given to events or programs that target a diverse population or address a community need.
- Media sponsorships are open only for events or programs that are free and open to the public.
- Priority will be given to events or programs that reinforce WFIU’s mission or on-air programs.
- Events or programs related to candidates for office or political organizations can not be fulfilled.
- Priority will be given to events or programs that include reciprocal benefits for WFIU.
- News and/or cultural coverage is not a component of a media sponsorship agreement.
Media Sponsorship Scheduling Information
- Media sponsorship on-air announcements will be guaranteed but rotated throughout the available spots in our schedule.
- Media sponsorship announcements will be aired within the two weeks prior to the event unless an alternative schedule is worked out.
- Multiple media sponsorships within an organization should be spaced more than a month apart and the number of sponsorships per organization, per year is usually limited to four.
- A limited number of media sponsorships will be scheduled during WFIU on-air membership campaigns.
- Media sponsorship announcements will be written in a neutral language that does not endorse, promote or call to action, but rather, shares information and details of the event or program. WFIU cannot accept pre-recorded spots.
- WFIU can not include other sponsor information on promotional announcements.
- The organization may also wish to promote the event or program beyond the media sponsorship. In those cases WFIU can offer an underwriting agreement for paid spots.
Media Sponsorship Submission Information
- Organization will fill out the Application for Media Sponsorship form and email, fax, or mail to WFIU. These details will be used for consideration of your request.
- Send request at least two months prior to event.
- If you have any questions, please contact WFIU for clarification.
Please fill out your media sponsorship request and return to: WFIU Public Radio Attn: John Bailey 1229 E 7th St Bloomington, IN 47405 Phone: (812) 855-2088 Fax: (812) 855-5600 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org