Some interesting things popped up on the web recently that nod towards the baroque and classical repertoire, including two articles in the New York Times. Here are a few to enjoy for Friday:
- The New York Times looks at the Naïve label’s Vivaldi series and includes some sound clips.
- A theory on what really killed Mozart.
- Corelli performed on an unexpected instrument.
- Handel and Purcell made the Fall 2009 cover of Early Music America magazine. The latest issue of the subscription-only magazine includes articles on historical harps, recordings of Dido and Aeneas, an analysis of masterclasses, and a listing of places to study Early Music.
- A very cool place to look for discount recordings.