Earth Eats is partnering with WTIU Public Television’s children’s series The Friday Zone to empower kids to make healthy choices when choosing a snack. Food blogger and mom Heather Tallman prepares kid-friendly recipes with the help of Felix.
Quick 'N' Hot Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 teaspoon local maple syrup
- Pour oats into a microwave safe bowl. Add milk and vanilla extract.
- Heat for 90 seconds or until thick and creamy.
- Sweeten if desired. Swirl in preserves, dried fruits or nuts if you want.
Print out this recipe (PDF) and create your own cookbook!