Earth Eats is partnering with WTIU Public Television’s children’s series The Friday Zone to empower kids to make healthy choices when choosing a snack. Food blogger and mom Heather Tallman prepares kid-friendly recipes with the help of Felix.
Pretty Pita Pizzas
- 1 pitas
- 2 healthy tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 8 zucchini slices
- 8 tomato slices
- Slice the pitas around the equator, creating two circular pitas.
- Spoon tomato sauce onto pita circles and spread to the edges.
- Add toppings as you like.
- In a toaster oven, bake the pizzas until the cheese melts and the edges brown.
Print out this recipe (PDF) and create your own cookbook!