Earth Eats is partnering with WTIU Public Television’s children’s series The Friday Zone to empower kids to make healthy choices when choosing a snack. Food blogger and mom Heather Tallman prepares kid-friendly recipes with the help of Felix.
Cinnamon Apple Crisps
- 4 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped apple
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cookie cutters in your choice of shape.
- In a small bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- Lay bread slices on a cutting board. Using cookie cutter cut shapes into bread. Place bread in a toaster oven and toast until just a bit crispy, 30 seconds.
- Carefully place bread on a plate and spread on the cream cheese. Add the apple dices and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mix.
Print out this recipe (PDF) and create your own cookbook!