Earth Eats is partnering with WTIU Public Television’s children’s series The Friday Zone to empower kids to make healthy choices when choosing a snack. Food blogger and mom Heather Tallman prepares kid-friendly recipes with the help of Felix.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine sugar, cocoa powder and cornstarch in a medium microwave safe bowl. Gradually add the milk. Stir with a whisk until well blended.
- Microwave at high for two minutes, stir. Heat again on medium power for 3 ½ minutes or until thickened, stirring every minute.
- Remove and whisk to make smooth. Add the vanilla and blend. Let stand for five minutes until serving.
- Place a layer of plastic wrap on top if you want to avoid a skin.
Print out this recipe (PDF) and create your own cookbook!