Community Advisory Board Members:
Tom Bunger, Mike Conway, Joan Curts, Pamela Davidson, Tim Decker, Mark Edwards, Sally Gaskill, Gary Hallum, Martha Nice, Lynn Schwartzberg
Laura Baich, Brent Molnar, Marianne Woodruff
Roll Call â Brent Molnar
Federal Funding Update
Brent Molnar reported APTS shared that $445 million in CPB funding, $20 million in interconnect funding and $26 million in RTL funding are all included in the Senate bill to be voted on this week. He also shared that Indiana representatives in the WTIU viewing area overwhelmingly contacted their representatives expressing support for the funding.
WTIU/WFIU Celebration of Science Open House â Special guests Paula Apsell and Doug Hamilton
- Â September 9 WTIU hosts The Indiana Veterans Mobile Unit, Bloomington Farmers Market, Showers Plaza
- Â September 9 WTIU Vietnam Veterans PreviewÂ Just Like Me: Stories From All Sides, andÂ The Vietnam War, Bloomington City Hall, Council Chambers, 2pm
- Â October 11 Arrival/Run through for panel discussion
- Â October 11 6pm-8pm Panel Discussion at Whittenberger Auditorium â
Climate Change, Capitol Hill, and a Partisan Environment (w.t.)
- Â October 12 Major Donor Meal (BreakfastÂ orÂ Lunch)
- Â October 12 6pm-8:30pm WFIU/WTIU Open House
Weekly Special Focus Group Results
Brent Molnar reported that the group was made up of four groups:Â familiars, unfamiliars; 50+, 49-.Â The group thought the opening of the show was too long, liked the hosts, liked the field shows, were confused about the title and logo and 50+ did not like the musical segments.
The members of the Nominating Committee have received lists of multi-year WTIU members in Jackson and Morgan Counties, plus the city of Indianapolis.Â Â At a later time, please review the lists and see if you can identify a few names of individuals who might be willing to serve on the WTIU CAB.Â It would be especially helpful if we could identify individuals who might help us to diversify the makeup of the WTIU CAB in terms of age and ethnic backgrounds.Â Â Brent will follow up with members of the Nominating Committee later this month.Â Â WTIU needs to fill four seats.
Testimonials at December 7thÂ CAB meeting?Â Who is interested?Â Or, tape at station? Or in your home town?
2017 Meeting Schedule:
March 2, 2017
June 1, 2017
September 7, 2017
December 7, 2017