Many award-winning and locally-produced documentaries from WTIU are available to view for free on PBS Video.
The fund will be used to:
- aid covering the associated production expenses to produce new, Indiana applicable, long form documentary programs for both WFIU and WTIU broadcast and web distribution.
- assist WFIU/WTIU to also program offer its locally produced documentary programs to the additional Indiana public radio and television stations, at no cost to the stations.
- enable WFIU/WTIU to also distribute many of its locally produced, documentary programs nationally.
- ensure sustaining the WFIU/WTIU legacy of compelling, Indiana-connected, locally produced, long form documentary programs.
Anyone can make additional contributions. Doing so will sustain the fund, enabling the annual income to continue meaningful support, helping WFIU and WTIU sustain our rich legacy of producing award-winning, Indiana-connected, long form documentary programs.
The WFIU/WTIU Documentary Programs Fund is a multiple-donor fund, so anyone can make a gift. We encourage you to do so.
Click on the Give Now button to make a direct online gift:
Or, send a check payable to the IU Foundation / The WFIU/WTIU Documentary Programs Fund with account #P380015363 in the memo line and return it to the lock box at:
Office of Gift Planning Services
PO Box 500
Bloomington, IN 47402
Your tax-deductible gift, small or large, will be greatly appreciated.
Facts and Figures
- WFIU and WTIU local documentary production dates back to the earliest days of the stations signing on the air – seventy and fifty years plus combined.
- WFIU and WTIU locally produce 3-6 long form documentary programs annually.
- The stations local documentary programs are regularly recognized with NATAS Regional Emmy awards, national TELLY awards, Society of Professional Journalists-Indiana Chapter awards, regional Edward R. Murrow awards, and others.
- The stations long form documentary programs are a vital contributor to WFIU/WTIU on-air Membership Campaigns, helping raise necessary listener/viewer financial contributions to the stations.
- WFIU and WTIU long form documentary programs are available on demand to members and the public via the stations robust web site, PBS VIDEO, PBS Passport, and other digital distribution methods. Programs are scheduled regularly for broadcast.
- The stations long form documentary programs are also available for purchase at shopwtiu.org (discs make great gifts, while supporting WFIU/WTIU!)
The WFIU/WTIU Documentary Programs Fund is managed by the Indiana University Foundation. The fund is restricted for locally produced long form, Indiana applicable, programs at the stations.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For legal or tax advice, please consult an attorney.