A gift annuity can be established with a gift of $10,000 or more. In exchange for your gift, WFIU or WTIU will guarantee you (and possibly a loved one) a fixed income payment for life. You may use cash or appreciated stock to fund a gift annuity. Your age determines the annuity rate.
With a deferred gift annuity, the payments do not begin until the specified future date of your choice and you receive even higher life income payments than those listed in the rate table and a higher immediate income tax deduction.
Gift annuities can be established using cash or appreciated securities. When cash is used, more of your income is tax-free.
- Generous, partially tax-free income for life
- An immediate income tax deduction
- Reduced capital gain taxes if appreciated securities are used to establish the annuity
- Membership in our Limestone Legacy Society
- The satisfaction of making a significant contribution to the future of public broadcasting