Los Angeles weather has been incredibly strange lately. It’s almost been reminiscent of say Seattle. Rainy and stormy clouds have been a constant in the Los Angeles sky, which isn’t always THAT common. Personally I’ve been loving it. I love a cloudy day and shooting on cloudy days is always my absolute favorite. But I have been craving beach days.
Sunny days are almost here and I couldn’t be more excited! This recipe is made specifically for those sunny, warm days that are upon us.
While celery juice is all the rage right now, I prefer cucumber juice for cocktails. It adds such a refreshing quality to cocktails and it mixes with vodka or gin VERY well.
note: This recipe originally appeared in May of 2019, on PBS Food's Fresh Tastes blog
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- Splash of water
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Vodka or gin
- Sparkling water
- To a blender, add the cucumbers and water to a blender. Blend until combined. And then run through a strainer and discard the pulp. If you have a juicer, even better. Process the cucumbers in your juicer and reserve the juice.
- In a small saucepan, set over medium heat, combine the water, sugar and rosemary. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Immediately turn off the heat and allow the rosemary sprigs to infuse for about 20 minutes.
- To a pitcher, add the cucumber juice, simple syrup and vodka. Chill until you’re ready to serve.
- Divide amongst glasses full of ice and top with a splash of sparkling water.