Radishes are one of the first crops in the Spring, and one of the last in the Fall.
This recipe is a spin-off of the classic French way to enjoy radishes.
I love to serve these with fresh salad greens, such as arugula from Good Life Farms.
- 1 standard-size baguette
- 4-6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- Â¼ C fresh garden herbs such as chives or tarragon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons flaky sea salt
- 2 bunches radishes, trimmed, washed, and thinly sliced
- 1 small handful arugula
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut baguette into fourths, crosswise, then cut segments in half.
- Mix soft butter with herbs and lemon zest, season with salt and pepper.
- Spread each piece with approximately Â½ Tablespoon of butter.
- Top with radish slices.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Garnish with arugula.