The Kentucky Derby’s classic cocktail is the Mint Julep. Celebrate Derby Day in style on Saturday with this simple recipe from the Earth Eats archive. Chef Daniel Orr explains the steps to Annie Corrigan in the podcast this week.
Frozen Mint Julep
- 1 lime
- 2-2 1/2 cups loosely packed mint leaves
- 1/3 cup simple syrup
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- Remove the stems from the mint. Add the leaves to a blender.
- To the mint leaves, add to equal parts simple syrup and bourbon.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime into the blender. Slice off a bit of lime zest and add that to the blender as well.
- Fill blender halfway with ice, and blend!