People are very clearly more and more saying they don't want chemicals and drugs in their food system. That is so clear, it's so loud and clear. And the mainstream beef industry is still not getting that message.
Nicolette Hahn Niman hopes her book will show the way forward for the beef industry. Her suggestion? Put as many cows on grass as possible.
You'll see kale at local farmers markets this time of year. We've got a recipe where you eat it raw.
California is king when it comes to growing kale, but farmers there are struggling with the on-going drought. Harvest Public Media looks at why Midwest farmers have been unable to pick up the slack.
And, Jerry and Paula Perron became farmers after they retired.
- Avian Flu Outbreak Takes Poultry Producers Into Uncharted Territory
- Target Moves Away From Packaged Foods, Towards Fresh Foods
- White House Releases Strategy To Save Bees
- CDC Report Shows Ups And Downs In Food Poisoning
- Georgia: Conagra Fined $11.2. Million for Salmonella-Tainted Peanut Butter