If you have been searching for how to make dairy-free eggnog, you’ve come to the right place.
After I made eggnog smoothies, I got curious to try making boozy eggnog. I added one quarter cup light rum to my smoothie mixture, and the same to this coconut milk-based version. I refrigerated each for a week to compare.
Both are delicious: creamy, not too thick, not too sweet, with a lovely holiday flavor. And the nog just gets better with age, so make this up now and enjoy it on Christmas Eve (or even better New Year’s Eve).
Instead of rum, you could use bourbon, brandy or a combination. If you want to really taste the booze, add a half cup to this recipe.
- 13.5 ounces coconut milk, organic and full-fat
- 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon dried nutmeg
- Blend all ingredients for one minute until smooth and creamy.
- Store in a clean glass jar for at least 7 days.
- Shake well before pouring. Top with freshly grated nutmeg and serve.