This pureed soup has a beautiful balance of flavors and is sure to win over anyone who thinks they don't like eggplant.
- 4 eggplants
- 3 C. water
- Â½ C. extra virgin olive oil
- Â¼ C. lemon juice
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 T Curry Paste (or to taste)
- 2 T fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 8-10 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 T brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Favorite hot sauce to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Toasted almonds or coconut for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the eggplants in half vertically.
- Score the inside of the eggplant in a crosshatch pattern, so they cook evenly and quickly.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil on the cut side of the eggplant.
- Coat sheet pan with oil and place eggplants skin side down on the sheet pan. Add one cup of water to sheet pan and cook in a 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes, or until soft.
- Once soft and roasted, use a spoon to scoop everything out of the skin. Discard the skins. Process the eggplant and coconut milk with 1 Â½ cups water until smooth (you can always add more water so add as you go to prevent the soup from being too thin.)
- Once smooth, add the rest of the ingredient and bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or longer, so the flavors can blend.
- Garnish and serve.