I generally buy a big bag of carrots the beginning of the week and put them in everything from homemade spaghetti sauce to stir-fries. But sometimes the simple carrot can stand alone.
Carrots are relatively cheap and available year-round, so it's a great go-to staple food in my home.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3-4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-inch ginger, chopped into tiny pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- Heat oil to medium in a medium pot. Add onion and sautÃ© about 5 minutes. Add carrots and cook until tender, but not mushy -- about 3-5 minutes. Add ginger and sautÃ© another minute.
- Transfer everything to a blender and add 1 cup vegetable broth and curry powder. Puree until smooth.
- Return soup to pot. Add remaining vegetable broth and coconut milk. Heat through for 5-10 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste before serving.