A perfect salad to whip up as a companion to grilled pork chops or chicken. You can measure the dressing ingredients directly on top of the salad, then wait to toss it as you bring it to the table. That way the veggies stay nice and crisp.
- 1 large bulb of fennel, outer leaves peeled off, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas (in the pod), blanched and shocked
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Edible flowers such as chive blossoms or black locust blossoms (optional)
- Combine fennel, peas and blueberries in a large bowl and gently toss.
- Measure the dressing ingredients directly over the salad.
- Toss together just before serving.
- Sprinkle with edible flowers, if using.