Photo: Jessie Wallner/WFIU
This dish is perfect for folks looking for lighter alternatives to heavy desserts like cakes.
The sweetener is honey. I like honey for this because it means you don’t have to dissolve sugar. You could also use something like agave nectar or a flavored simple syrup.
Melon Lime Soup With Sorbet, Berries And Mint
Serving Size: Serves six people
- 1 large cantaloupe or honeydew melon, chilled
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/2 limes, zest and juice
- pinch of salt
- sorbet (optional garnish)
- fresh berries (optional garnish)
- splash of champagne (optional garnish)
- fresh mint (optional garnish)
- Blend the melon in a blender until very smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse to incorporate.
- Serve in ice-cold chilled soups bowls with your favorite garnishes.