Photo: William Hook (Flickr)
So the time has come for me to conform. After months of resistance to society’s pull and an eight month relationship with my blackberry, (the longest relationship I’ve ever been in), it’s finally time to call it quits for Storm and I. Oh yes, the time has come…for the iPhone. The cause for such drama?
Tree Hugger recently published a list of “More Than 100 iPhone Apps For Green Shopping, Eating, Travel, and Fun.” Here are a few of our green app favorites:
- ShopGreen – for all the shoppers out there. With shopgreen you can calculate you carbon footprint and learn about ways to prevent leaving such a heavy pathway behind. The more you reduce your footprint, the more you’ll learn about sustainable businesses in your area.
- Global Warming Personal Calculator – this app calculates your carbon footprint and compares it to other Americans after “looking at your car, home, and air travel information.”
- Velo – very popular in Europe, where bike paths are prevalent. Velo helps you locate the nearest bike paths and free parking spaces.
- Bike Your Drive by REI – Bike Your Drive uses your phone’s GPS to calculate how much gas you’ve saved by biking. It also figures how many calories burned and calories saved. You can also “geotag photos you take along your ride, find out speeds, and elevations.”
- UniBus – estimates the arrival times of trains, buses, and subways.
Read More: More Than 100 iPhone Apps For Green Shopping, Eating, Travel, and Fun (TreeHugger.com)