Photo: Rashad Mammadov/WFIU
This dish cooks right in the coals of the grill, and you can essentially ignore it and let it cook on its own while you grill other items on top of the grill.
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 large Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 poblano pepper, roughly diced (remove seeds)
- 4-5 scallions cut into 1/2” pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Par cook the potatoes. (Boil the potatoes until they are about 2/3 of the way cooked. Shock them in cold water. This process can be done a couple days in advance.)
- Add all ingredients to a bowl. Cover with olive oil and toss.
- Take three 1 1/2 foot long strips of aluminum foil. Overlap them to make one big square. Shiny side faces out.
- Spread out potatoes and other ingredients on the aluminum foil.
- Place one more long strip of aluminum foil overt op of veggies and roll the package into a tube shape.
- Place the veggie tube in the coals of the grill.
- No specific cooking time! Just keep them in the coals as you cook on top of the grill and remove them when you’re ready to serve all of the other food!