Photo: Eoban Binder/WFIU
Taste as you go is one of my rules to live by in the kitchen. It will be easy to do in this recipe.
This is a green juice thanks to the kale, parsley and spinach, but don’t worry — this juice won’t taste like a salad!
It’s all about balance. You don’t want to have a whole lot of sugar in your juices, but you don’t want to have something that’s really bitter either. If you want more sweetness, add some extra pineapple. Or if you need more acid, add more orange juice. Taste and adjust as you go. Just use this recipe as a jumping off point.
Green Goodness Breakfast Juice
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- small piece of ginger
- 1/4 cup Citrus Trio (equal parts lemon, lime and orange juices)
- Start by juicing the dry, green ingredients.
- Juice the ginger, carrot and pineapple. Finish with the cucumber.
- Finally, add the citrus trio.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!