Photo: ralph and jenny (flickr)
My hubby and I are celebrated Valentine’s Day the night before, just like most of you who have school or work the next day. But for those of you fixing a romantic dinner for your sweetheart this evening, think ahead to tomorrow morning and start the preparation process for this French toast tonight. That way you can sleep-in!
Use any bread loaf you have on hand, or make it extra special by buying one of those fancy loaves with nuts and fruits inside.
The-Morning-After French Toast Bake
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (or Soy Milk)
- 1 loaf of bread
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Cut bread into 1 inch chunks and arrange in a 9X13 casserole dish.
- Combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Pour over bread, sprinkle the top with brown sugar and sliced almonds and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning bake the french toast at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until egg is set.