Photo: Endless Simmer (flickr)
When I traveled to England, I fell in love with a little cafe that served “Rocket Salad.” When I came back to the States, I discovered that’s what the Brits call Arugula. Good to know!
Let’s talk health benefits. Arugula is high in vitamin C and potassium.
Arugula has a pretty strong, peppery flavor for a green, so pairing it with pasta is a great option for those who aren’t crazy about those Rocket Salads. No need to cook this pesto, just add to hot pasta.
- 2 cups packed arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Brown pine nuts in a dry skillet for a couple of minutes, until lightly browned. (Reserve some of the pine nuts for garnish if desired.)
- Add everything into a blender and mix well.
- Stir into cooked pasta and serve!