Weekly Planner: Statewide Test Results & Another Teacher Survey Set For Release
State superintendent Tony Bennett (center) at a community meeting in Indianapolis.
Coming Up This Week
- Tuesday: Indiana Department of Education officials will publicly release the results of the ISTEP+ exam, the state’s benchmark standardized test for Grades 3-8. StateImpact will have complete coverage and sortable, searchable results.
- Tuesday: Think tank Education Sector will release a survey of teacher attitudes. The last time a teacher survey came out, it set off a wave of media coverage about teachers being “beaten down” by the current directions in education policy. Will the same thing happen again?
- Thursday: State superintendent Tony Bennett will speak and take questions from community members at Gary’s Ivy Tech campus. The event is being put on by the Gary Chamber of Commerce.
- Thursday: Indiana State University’s trustees hold their annual organizational meeting.
What We’re Working On
- Western Governors University — a pet project of Gov. Mitch Daniels — has been in Indiana for two years now and graduated about 300 students. We’re looking at what kind of jobs graduates are getting with their WGU degrees.
- As mentioned above, we’ll have full coverage of the state’s ISTEP+ results when they come out Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.
What Do You Want To Hear?
Anything you’d like us to cover? Questions you’d like us to answer? Events you want us to know about? Connect with us in the Comments section, on Facebook, on Twitter, or via e-mail.