The Indiana University System: Facts & Figures
Indiana University is a public research university system; comprising nine campuses with a total of 109,000 undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate students; and employing more than 20,000 people.
The flagship campus of the system is located in Bloomington, along with the official residence for its president, Michael McRobbie. The campus enrolls more than 42,000 students (Fall 2010 final enrollment numbers).
Including Bloomington, the IU System includes a total of nine campuses. This includes five regional campuses…
- IU East — Richmond, Ind. (3,365 students)
- IU Kokomo — Kokomo, Ind. (3,109 students)
- IU Northwest — Gary, Ind. (5,969 students)
- IU South Bend — South Bend, Ind. (8,590 students)
- IU Southeast — New Albany, Ind. (7,178 students)
…two campuses operated in conjunction with Purdue University, but administered by IU officials…
- Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis, known as “IUPUI” — Indianapolis, Ind. (30,566 students)
- Indiana University – Purdue University Columbus, known as “IUPU Columbus” or “IUPUC” — Columbus, Ind. (1,628 students in 2009)
…and one campus operated in conjunction with Purdue University, but administered by Purdue officials:
- Indiana University – Purdue University Fort Wayne, known as IPFW — Fort Wayne, Ind.
The Purdue University System: Facts & Figures
Nearly 75,000 students attend one of five campuses that make up the Purdue University system. The school’s flagship campus is in West Lafayette, where nearly 40,000 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students attend classes.
Currently, President France Córdova is at the helm of the Purdue University system, though she plans to retire in summer 2012. Media reports indicate Mitch Daniel will succeed her after he finishes his term as governor in January 2013.
In addition to the West Lafayette campus, Purdue operates four regional campuses as well as a statewide technology program:
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, known as IUPUI, run in partnership with Indiana University. The campus in Indianapolis is home to about 30,000 students.
- Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne, known as IPFW, also run in partnership with Indiana University but administered by Purdue officials. The campus in Fort Wayne is home to about 14,000 students.
- Purdue Calumet in Hammond is home to about 10,000 students.
- Purdue North Central, known as PNC, in Westville is home to about 5,000 students.
The Purdue College of Technology also offers programs in Anderson, Columbus, Greensburg, Indianapolis, Kokomo, Lafayette, New Albany, Richmond, South Bend/Elkhart and Vincennes.