Yield: makes 10 cakes
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3 ounces plain flour
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, currants, cranberries or raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon Sweet Seasons Spice Blend (or pumpkin pie spice, Chinese 5-spice or cinnamon)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Mix ingredients together with hands until it forms dough.
- Spread flour on counter top and rolling pin. Roll dough evenly, to 1/4-1/2" thickness.
- With ring cutter, jar or measuring cup, cut into rounds.
- Cook round cakes in a pan on the stovetop on medium heat with pat of butter and splash of oil until they are golden on both sides (approximately 3 minutes per side).
- Sprinkle with sugar straight from frier, and serve with jam butter, bacon or sausages.