When it comes to cocktails, here is what I usually want from them: I want them to be slightly fruity, not overly sweet and I prefer them on the refreshing side. When it’s springtime, I personally love the flavor of elderflower. And honestly, I like that flavor year around. This cocktail is super spring-y and pretty.
The elderflower liqueur is floral without tasting like soap. Do you like lavender? I’m usually not a fan because of the soap-like quality. The strawberry adds a bit of fruitiness and the sparkling water makes it taste super refreshing. The recipe below serves about 2 people, but feel free to double it, mix it and keep it in the fridge (sans sparkling water) for a big batch cocktail.
- 6 tablespoons elderflower liqueur (such as St. Germain)
- Juice from 1 lemon, divided
- 12 ounces sparkling water
- 2 to 3 strawberries, sliced, as garnish
- To two glasses, divide the elderflower and lemon juice.
- Fill each glass with ice and give it a good mix.
- Top with sparkling water and strawberries.
- Serve immediately.