Dandelion greens are one of season’s earliest veggies to pop up in spring. If you have been enjoying dandelion greens in a salad, try sauteing them for this spicy side dish.
Dandelion greens are actually quite tasty in salads, sauteed or steamed. They taste like chicory and endive, and are a bit bitter.
As for their health benefits, dandelions support digestion, reduce swelling and inflammation, and treat viruses, jaundice, edema, gout, eczema and acne.
So, eat up!
Spicy Dandelion Greens
- 1 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 chili or 1/2 teaspoons red chili flakes
- Bunch of dandelion greens
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add garlic and chili until infused (one to two minutes).
- Add dandelion greens until wilted. Enjoy!