Root vegetables are great roasted. I could eat them every day of the week, and in the winter time, my family eats a lot of roasted veggies.
This recipe has a different flavor than just the usual salt and pepper, and it’s low in fat and high in taste. Mustard seed adds a zing to all the ingredients and combines them nicely.
When the carrots are roasted, they stay nice and sweet. We always fight over the slightly burnt ones – my son usually wins!
Roasted Parsnips And Carrots With Mustard
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 pound parsnips
- 1 medium golden beet
- 3/4 pound small potatoes (skin on)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- Dash of Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Skin parsnips and beet. Cut everything into ½ cubes.
- Put veggies in a large casserole dish.
- Mix olive oil, mustard, mustard seeds, and balsamic (if using), salt and pepper.
- Pour over veggies.
- Roast 30-40mins or until tender.