This recipe takes your traditional taco recipe and puts it on its ear. It’s raw. It’s vegan. And you’d never know the difference!
One thing that is a must for this recipe is fresh spices. Not the stuff that’s been sitting in the back of your cabinet for two years – you know who you are, spice people!
Raw Walnut Tacos
- 4 ounces walnut halves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh chili powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- 8 Napa cabbage leaves
- fresh pico de gallo
- fresh cilantro
- Toss walnuts, seasonings, and olive oil into a food processor. Pulse the contents until it becomes crumbly, just like taco meat.
- Scoop walnut meats into Napa cabbage leaves.
- Add a spoonful of pico de gallo and a fresh sprig to cilantro to each taco boat.