- 1 1/2 pounds fresh okra
- 3 chile peppers (your favorite, fresh or dried)
- 3 big sprigs of dill, tarragon or rosemary
- For the brine:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Pickling spice
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Divide the fresh okra evenly between 3 sterile (1 pint) jars. Place one chile, and one teaspoon of dill into each jar.
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, vinegar, spices, garlic, honey and salt.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Pour over the ingredients in the jars.
- Seal and cool to room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator.