I remember my gramma and grandpa singing “Way Down Yonder In The Paw Paw Patch” when I was a kid growing up in southern Indiana.
Back in that time, they didn’t have all the candies we have now and they lived out in the country. So, when the paw paws ripened up, they would eat these until they got sick!
You won’t get sick on Paw Paws in this dish. They are just serving as a light coating for apple slices. (Don’t worry about following a strict recipe for this dish.)
Paw Paw And Apple Salad
- Paw Paws
- apple slices
- lime juice
- Pull out the seeds and then mash the paw paw meat.
- Add a splash of lime juice to bring out a unique flavor in the paw paws.
- Toss the apples in the paw paw mash, coating the apples thoroughly.
- Garnish with a sprig of Thai basil.
- Serve with sorbet or ice cream for a tasty dessert, or serve as is to start the morning.