Make Your Own Mustard
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup black mustard seeds
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Soak mustard seeds in the vinegar for one day. Crush seeds coarsely with mortar and pestle. Then transfer to a ceramic or glass bowl.
- Add honey slowly, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Boil water and add to seed mixture. While hot, put water and seed mixture in sterilized jars.
- Let stand at room temperature for 2 weeks. It will keep in the refrigerator for 2 months.
Make Your Own Marinated Olives
- 1/2 pound whole green or black olives
- 3 whole cloves garlic
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add all ingredients in large bowl and combine well.
- Pour mixture into a sterilized pint jar. Seal and decorate.