Mellow Yellow gives you the flavors of western Asia without the full throttle flavor of a traditional curry. Mellow Yellow flavors and colors like curry but allows the natural flavors of your ingredient to come through.
Try it on lighter meats like poultry, pork or veal as well as seafood and veggies. It is also great in dips, sauces and vinaigrette. Try it in West Indiana dishes as well. Curry is a good substitute.
Mellow Yellow Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, dried
- 2 each bird peppers, dried, or small hot chilies (or to taste)
- Place ingredients in a spice grinder and blend until they form a fine, consistent powder.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.