Try this refreshing winter salad, packed with surprising flavors and textures. It fits the bill for a New Year’s resolution to add more fruits and vegetables to your diet. Do so deliciously with this tasty toss.
- ½ cup roasted pecans
- 2 medium kohlrabi (about 1 lb. total), peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 apple (honey crisp) cored, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup torn fresh mint leaves, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 oz. Parmesan, shaved (about ¼ cup)
- Toss pecans in a touch of olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine remaining ingredients except the parmesan and toss well to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Put salad on a serving platter or plates and top with pecans, parmesan and additional mint.