This recipe is perfect for Sunday brunch or a holiday cocktail spread. I whipped this dip up on a recent afternoon when some friends invited us over for beers. We devoured it with apple slices and pumpkin crackers. But, this could also be a delicious spread on a bagel or a great base for crostini.
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Combine mascarpone, honey, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat on high speed until combined and fluffy. Transfer dip to a decorative bowl and set aside.
- Heat a small pan over medium-low heat. Once pan is warm, add walnut and toast until fragrant — about two minutes. Remove walnuts from heat and cool. Once nuts are cooled, chop them finely.
- Top dip with chopped walnuts and remaining 1/4 tsp. cinnamon.