Brussels sprouts are one food that everyone seems to have an opinion about: they either love ‘em or hate ‘em. Personally, I love Brussels sprouts!
Even if you’ve had bad experiences with Brussels sprouts in the past, give this raw salad a try — I think it’ll change your mind.
Fresh Brussels Sprout Salad
Serving Size: Serves 4-6 folks
- 1 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, freshest you can find
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh scallions or chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/3 cups toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shred the Brussels sprouts thinly using your sharpest knife or a kitchen mandolin.
- Five minutes before serving, place the shredded sprouts in a large mixing bowl and toss with the remaining ingredients being careful not to break up the sprouts too much.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.