Supporting WTIU is easy — your contribution automatically happens from month to month and from year to year until you tell us otherwise.
WTIU Sustaining Members are a group of dedicated friends who make monthly gifts that provide a consistent, reliable income stream, allowing us to focus more resources on your favorite shows, and less on raising necessary funds.
You are in control. You can contact WTIU at any time to make a change.
Here are just a few advantages to becoming a Sustaining Member:
- By spreading your support throughout the year, it will be easier on your budget.
- You’ll receive less mail and fewer solicitations.
- You’ll receive WTIU’s Viewing Guide each month.
- You’ll receive a new WTIU MemberCard each year, featuring special sustainer-only benefits.
- You can request a thank-you gift each year.
- You’ll receive an annual summary of your monthly gifts for tax purposes.
- Your membership will always be current.
And, as a Sustaining Member, you increase the value of your gift by:
- Providing WTIU with a stable source of monthly income to support the programs you enjoy. As a sustainer, you’re part of a community that ensures WTIU can fulfill its public service mission for years to come.
- Eliminating the cost — and the hassle — of renewal letters and telemarketing reminders.
Sustaining Membership FAQs
Q: What does it mean to be a sustainer?
A: Becoming a sustainer means your monthly pledge will automatically roll over every 12 months. If you pay by credit or debit card, your card will automatically be charged and your membership will automatically renew.
Q: How will I know when my Sustaining Membership is set to renew?
A: We’ll send you a courtesy letter letting you know that your membership is set to auto-renew. It doesn’t require a response unless you wish to modify or cancel your contribution.
Q: Am I still eligible for thank you gifts?
A: Yes, sustainers are eligible to receive a thank you gift (or gifts) that has a value equivalent to your annual giving level. To request a gift, call WTIU’s Member Services at (800) 662-3311, or email us at email@example.com. We’ll confirm you’re eligible to receive a gift and we’ll send you the one you request!
Q. How do I make a change to my Sustaining Membership?
A. To ensure the security of your information, please don’t send payment information via our contact form or email. Call Member Services at 800-662-3311 during business hours (weekdays, 8am-5pm) or update your new credit card information online through our safe and secure form.
You may also send WTIU a letter with the information. Our mailing address is WTIU Membership, 1229 E 7th Street, Bloomington, IN 47405-5501.
Q. If my card expiration date changed but my card number did not change, why do I have to give my card number again?
A. WTIU adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to its handling of donor credit and debit card account information. Payment Card Industry (PCI) regulations require that WTIU not store your actual card information on its computers, so when you provide your new expiration date we also need the card number.
Q. I’d like to change the monthly amount I have been giving.
A. There are several ways to reply:
1) Go to our sustainer form for a secure page where you can enter your new monthly amount.
2) Call Member Services at 800-662-3311 during business hours (weekdays, 8am-5pm).
3) Send WTIU a letter with the information. Our address is WTIU Membership, 1229 E 7th Street, Bloomington, IN 47405-5501.
Q. I’d like to temporarily stop a Sustaining Membership.
A. Absolutely. Just contact Member Services to suspend your Sustaining membership payments at any time. Then let us know when you are ready to resume.
Q. I’d like to permanently stop my monthly contribution.
A. You are in control. Contact Member Services to stop your Sustaining Membership at any time. If you are stopping it for a particular reason, please let us know why. Your feedback will help us make Sustaining Membership a more rewarding way to support WTIU.
Q: Are my monthly donations tax deductible?
A. Your contributions to WTIU are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. In January, WTIU’s parent organization, Indiana University, will send you written confirmation of your contribution during the 2015 calendar year. Please consult your tax advisor or attorney for information about specific situations.
Q. Does WTIU sell my name to companies or other nonprofits?
A. No, we will not sell or trade your name, email address or other contact information to any other organization.
Our Member Services team is happy to help you manage your Sustaining Membership and to answer any questions you may have. If you don’t find the information you need in the questions and answers above, please give us a call at 800-662-3311 between 8am-5pm weekdays, or send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting WTIU!