Great news! The Charitable IRA Rollover opportunity has now been extended on a permanent basis! A Charitable IRA Rollover is a smart way to not only enjoy tax savings, but to support the values of public broadcasting.
Here’s how it works:
- Who? You must be 70½ or older to make an IRA rollover gift to WFIU or WTIU through the IU Foundation, a public charity.
- What? Gifts of up to $100,000 can be transferred from your Traditional or Roth IRA to a qualified charity. $200,000 for taxpayers who are married and filing a joint return.
- How? Instruct your plan administrator to send a specific dollar amount directly to the IU Foundation for the benefit of WFIU or WTIU. Your administrator can send the gift by check or electronic transfer. Please let us know of your charitable intentions so we can ensure your gift is processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- When? Act now! To qualify for a tax deduction in this calendar year, your gift must be completed by December 31st in order to receive the maximum benefits.
Benefits to You:
- Each dollar of your donation will count towards your required minimum distribution for the year.
- Tax Savings. You can exclude up to $100,000 of this gift from your federal gross income – resulting in lower taxable income and possible tax savings
- Impact. You will have the personal satisfaction of doing more for your community than you originally thought possible!
Tip: This tax savings is especially valuable to donors who do not itemize or who have reached their annual limit on itemized charitable deductions.
Charitable IRA Rollover gifts should be directed to the address below. The IU Foundation’s Tax ID # is 35-6018940:Attention: Brian Yeley, Assoc. V.P. Office of Gift Planning Services Indiana University Foundation PO Box 500 Bloomington, IN 47402
Consult with your financial or tax advisor about this win-win opportunity. You may also contact WFIU or WTIU at email@example.com for further information or to request a sample letter for your plan administrator by calling 812-855-2935.