Last week, we looked at where WFIU’s funding comes from. Now let’s take a closer look at where that money is spent:
- Network Fees: National Public Radio (NPR), Public Radio International (PRI), American Public Media (APM) membership dues.
- Program Purchases/Production: This line consists of costs of local program productions and payment of rights to broadcast nationally syndicated programs.
- Fund Raising: Cost of on-going community outreach and fundraising.
- Technical Support: Cost and maintenance of broadcast equipment.
- Promotion/Community Support: Cost of advertising, outreach activities, and publication of Directions in Sound.
- Management: WFIU uses the management, business, and accounting services of the Indiana University Radio Television Services (IURTS). We share these services with WTIU-TV, Educational Services, and other support units within IURTS.
- Loss on Long-term Pooled Investments.
*With exception of Network Fees, each expenditure category includes staff salaries.