INDOT is still on track to take the project over by the end of July.
A letter from the Indiana Finance Authority said last month subcontractors were owed a total of $9 million.
Bloomington leaders want the state to take control of I-69 Section 5 after the developer failed to pay subcontractors. The state says that request is premature.
INDOT officials say for the project to get back on track, and to meet its ultimate deadline of June 2017, it needs to pick up the pace in the next 60 days.
The I-69 private developer held an open house to allow public comments and answer questions about Section 5 of I-69.
A formal presentation will be presented, followed by a question and answer session. INDOT will then take public feedback on the plans.
INDOT and the Monroe County Metropolitan Planning Organization met Friday to officially invite several city and county organizations for their input.