A shorted wire caused the damaging fire at AMVETS Post 2000 which may lead to two new buildings for the organization.
A fire at the Bloomington AMVETS Post 2000 was reported at approximately 3:25 p.m. Tuesday.
Just one business owner has come to an agreement with his insurance company following a fire which left four firms homeless.
Some of the buildings that were damaged were scheduled to be renovated as part of a downtown economic development project.
The fire started from an explosion in the building Wednesday.
Seymour Fire Department official believes it will shorten the rescue response times.
Firefighters contained a large fire burning in downtown Bloomington at Japanee on 8th Street and Walnut Avenue Monday morning.
State officials are urging farmers to use precaution as the drought has increased risks for fire, harmful dust and mold due to decomposition.
Monroe County Commissioners voted to lift the burn ban that was put in place June 15.
After fire destroyed part of the factory in 2011, For Bare Feet moved its operations to Martinsville and gave the old site to the Brown County commissioners.