Leaders of Indianapolis’ Project School Board of Directors say the school‘s case against the city has been moved to Federal Court.
School Board President Daniel Baron says the Marion County Superior Court hearing set for Monday is now off the docket after a Marion County judge issued a temporary restraining order this week against Mayor Greg Ballard‘s move revoking the school‘s charter and the mayor’s office requested the change of venue.
Baron says the court order means the school can continue to recruit students and plan for opening August 6.
“That means our doors are open, we‘re actively recruiting kids. We are a school again. We had been under an order to ceases and desist operations of the school and that is being restrained by the court,” Baron says.
Baron adds the move to federal court means the school remains in limbo. No word yet on when the case will be heard in federal court.