Give Now

Coroner: IU Student Abigail Bott Died Of Accidental Overdose

IU freshman Abigail Bott was found dead in her dorm room last month.

abigail bott

Photo: Facebook

Abigail Bott was a freshman from the Chicago area.

The death of Indiana University student Abigail Bott was caused by a non-alcohol related accidental overdose, according to the Monroe County coroner.

Monroe County Coroner Nicole Meyer announced today her office had concluded its investigation of Bott’s death, and no foul play is suspected.

Bott was found dead in her room at McNutt Quad on Oct. 6.

The freshman was from the Chicago area.

Gretchen Frazee

Gretchen Frazee is a reporter/producer for WFIU and WTIU news. Prior to her current role, Frazee worked as the associate online content coordinator for WFIU/WTIU. She graduated from the University of Missouri-Columbia where she studied multimedia journalism and anthropology. You can follow her on Twitter @gretchenfrazee.

View all posts by this author »

What is RSS? RSS makes it possible to subscribe to a website's updates instead of visiting it by delivering new posts to your RSS reader automatically. Choose to receive some or all of the updates from Indiana Public Media News:

Support For Indiana Public Media Comes From

Search News

Stay Connected

RSS e-mail itunes Facebook Twitter Flickr YouTube

Follow us on Twitter

What is RSS? RSS makes it possible to subscribe to a website's updates instead of visiting it by delivering new posts to your RSS reader automatically. Choose to receive some or all of the updates from Indiana Public Media News:

Recent Stories

Recent Videos

Find Us on Facebook