Photo: etrusia uk
…BBC Proms, and the British Library.
By pure coincidence, the end-of-week link round up has a lot of the letter B in it—all good stuff and worth checking out. And, as always, this week’s blog posts are linked at the bottom of the page.
- It looks as if J.S. Bach has a bit more in common with Arnold Schoenberg than we originally thought.
- More Bach, and staged(!).
- This year’s BBC Proms offer some excellent performances that can be heard online, including some Purcell and Handel.
- The Bolivian baroque from a Bolivian perspective.
- A well-known author and his love of Beethoven.
- What happens when you look up Haydn, Handel, or Purcell in the British Library’s archive of sound recordings?
- The best 100 classical recordings according to the Telegraph.
In case you missed them, here are this week’s blog posts:
“Questions for Angela Mariani” -the host of Harmonia answers questions about life in Lubbock, Texas.
“Wanna play baroque violin?” -about an article on how modern violinists can approach historical performance.
“What’s on Youtube: Philippe Jaroussky” -videos of the young French countertenor.