Photo: FotoosVanRobin (Flickr)
This recipe is a great way to introduce tofu into your diet. Think healthfully: this recipe has very little fat but a lot of protein.
Honey imitates the sweet flavor you expect from dairy. The hot sauce or chili vinegar will give this dish some acidity. Add a dash of the juice from our pickled peppers for an additional kick to this recipe.
Use the tofu sour cream on baked potatoes, French toast or add curry paste or wasabi for some interesting dips.
Vegan Tofu Sour Cream
- 1/2 pound Silken tofu, drained
- 1/2 pound extra firm tofu, pressed and drained of extra liquid
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 10 drops hot sauce or chili vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive or salad oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender and pulse to combine.
- Scrape down bowl of blender with a rubber spatula and puree until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Remover “sour cream” from blender into a storage container and refrigerate until needed. Keeps 3-5 days in the refrigerator.